Today’s classroom teachers require greater skills than ever before. They are faced with both the challenges and opportunities of increased diversity, the inclusion of students with disabilities, as well as the demands of academic standards and high stakes testing. Education professionals must be well equipped to implement proven and successful strategies and accommodations.
This newly revised 2008 DVD incorporates a Response-to-Intervention (RTI) framework to help teachers address the needs of students who present the characteristics of ADHD and/or LD in their general education classrooms. Sandy Rief, nationally acclaimed author and leading authority on educating students with attention, behavioral and learning difficulties, presents a wide range of proven and successful strategies that can be used in the initial stages of RTI implementation. The most comprehensive resource of its kind on the market today!
In this video, you will observe:
- differentiating instruction in the classroom
- collaborating and teaming for success
- engaging students' attention and active participation
- classroom management and behavioral intervention
- organization, study skills & written language strategies
It specifically illustrates how educators can greatly assist students with attentional, behavioral, and learning challenges within their classrooms using these effective techniques and provides a powerful tool for learning and teaching students with ADHD and LD in the general education environments.
*Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder & Learning Disabilities
The viewer will be able to:
- Implement specific teaching strategies within general education classrooms
- Identify a range of possible approaches to implement for students with a variety of ADHD & LD characteristics
- Apply field tested techniques to assist students with attentional, behavioral, and learning strategies in each of the following areas:
- Engaging students’ attention and active participation
- Differentiating instruction in the classroom
- Classroom and behavioral interventions
- Implement the Response to Intervention (RTI) Framework
|ADHD & LD: Powerful Teaching Strategies and Accommodations (K-8) (DVD)