Over the past several years much has changed in schools: Federal education laws have raised student academic standards; professional accountability for student outcomes is a requirement--everyone counts; and access to the curriculum is the expectation for all students--it is no longer an option. As these changes have occurred, co-teaching has increased in importance. Its practice is no broader, but not necessarily deeper, and many questions concerning creating and sustaining co-teaching as a service delivery option still come up.
And so, it seemed time to re-visit the Power of 2. This DVD is not a sequel, not really a re-make of its highly successful predecessor: It's an update and a new edition of the first Power of 2 video. It provides a comprehensive look at co-teaching as part of the foundation of an inclusive and collaborative school. Most of the core concepts are still valid and are still included here- for example, clear and detailed demonstrations of six co-teaching arrangements that make up the heart of the program. However, some of the lessons learned from those who now have considerable experience with co-teaching and the shift in the context in which school programs now operate are added, as are the suggestions made by professionals in the field who work with co-teaching on a daily basis.
These changes in the Power of 2 are still intended to assist educators--first-year teachers and those with extensive experience- to collaborate and share their knowledge and skills in order to help their students maximize their potential.
DVD - Disc 1 - Program Sections: (all times approximate)
- Introduction to 2nd Edition (3 mins)
- Co-Teaching Defined (2.45 mins)
- Essential Components of Co-teaching 5-Part Framework
- Shared Systems of Beliefs (4.45 mins)
- Prerequisite Skills (7 mins)
- Collaborative (6.30)
- Classroom Practice (27.30)
- Administrative Roles and Perspective (12 mins)
- Marilyn's Wrap (3 mins)
DVD - Disc 2 - Bonus Material Sections:
- More On Co-Teaching Approach (9.25 mins)
- Elem. & MS Teacher Roundtables (28 mins)
- HS Teacher Roundtable (24 mins)
- Administrator Interview (19 mins)
- Drs. Friend & Burrello Reflect (14 mins)
- Introducing Andrew (13 mins)
Plus, a viewing guide in a print-friendly PDF file.
The Power of 2: Second Edition - DVD